Vietnamese vermicelli noodle soup with crab paste for the weekends
Vietnamese vermicelli recipe with crab paste will guide you how to prepare ingredients and cook a delicious Vietnamese vermicelli bowl with crab paste. It will brings a tasty flavor, salty and sweet broth, fresh taste of vermicelli and fatty taste of crab paste. You should enjoy this dish when it is still hot. Now, let’s have a look at the ingredients as well as how to cook Vietnamese vermicelli noodle soup with crab paste for the perfect weekends.
- Blended crab meat + crab paste: 200 – 300 grams
- 3 shallots: peel and slice
- Tomato: 400 grams to cut into wedges
- Boiled water: 400 – 500 grams
- Rice vinegar or tamarind
- Snail meat: 300 grams
- Tofu: 300 grams
- Shrimp paste, fish sauce, chilli paste and spices
- Vermicelli noodles
- Herbs (shaved glory morning stems, lettuce leaves, shaved banana stems)
- Perilla leaves, spring onion, bean sprouts
How to cook:
- Filter bended crab meat: Put the blended crab meat into a large bowl. Pour a bowl of water and stir well. Next, filter the mixture through a mesh sieve.
- Mix the left with a small bowl of water and filter again. Then, remove the blended crab shells
- Filter the filtered mixture for two or three times to remove all grits
- Put the filtered mixture into the large sauce and turn the heat to a medium heat.
- Gently stir and frequently to help the crab meat float on the surface
- When the water in the sauce starts to boil, stop stirring and continue to cook with the medium heat. The well-done crab meat will float on the top
- Use a spoon to skim the crab meat to a bowl. In doing so, when we add other ingredients into the sauce to cook, the crab meat pieces will not be broken
- Taste the broth for shrimp paste, fish sauce, chilli paste and spices
- Heat a ladle of cooking oil in a pan.
- When the oil is extremely hot, put the minced shallot to stir fry
- Add the snail meat to stir fry
- Put ¾ tomato wedges into the pan and add 1 teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add the crab paste and stir quickly for 2 – 3 minutes with the high heat to keep the crab paste intact while tomato wedges are well-done
- Cut tofu into small square pieces and then deep fry them in a hot oil pan
- Wash herbs, perilla leaves, spring onions and bean sprouts
- Drain herbs and bean sprouts well in different large mesh sieves
- Chop the perilla leaves and spring onions
- Finally, put vermicelli into a large bowl, add stir fried snail meat, tomato and crab paste, deep fried tofu pieces, chopped perilla leaves and spring onions on the top. Ladle the broth over
After reading Vietnamese vermicelli recipe with crab paste, you will try cooking this delicious dish for your family to enjoy on the weekends. Have a good meal!