Recipe for Vietnamese beef salad with bell chilli
Today, we would like to introduce a delicious recipe for Vietnamese beef salad with bell chilli, bringing an interestingly strange taste for your family. The mildly spicy taste of bell chilli and onion with the tender and sweet beef as well as crunchy fried peanuts will make you enjoyable when eating this dish. Let’s make the salad with us!
Ingredients for Vietnamese beef salad recipe
- Beef: 200 grams
- Green pepper, red pepper and yellow pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 minced shallot
- 1 lime
- Fried peanuts
- Herbs: Coriander, mint leaves
- Spices: fish sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, salt, black pepper
- Cooking oil
How to make Vietnamese beef salad with bell chilli
- Wash beef and dry it. Slice it into thin slices
- Marinate beef slices with spices and black pepper.
- Set it aside for 20 – 30 minutes
- Peel the onion and cut into wedges
- Soak in the iced water for 3 – 5 minutes and transfer to a bowl.
- Mix with a 1 spoon of sugar and ½ spoon of rice vinegar or lime juice to make the onion less pungent
- Wash bell chilli and soak in the salted water
- Cut lengthwise into quarters
- Remove seeds and cut into the thin and long strips (you should not cut it too thinly)
- Put a pan in a stove and heat with a spoon of cooking oil and stir fry the minced garlic and shallot
- Turn the heat to high and add beef slices to stir fry
Step 5: Make the sweet and sour fish sauce:
- Mix lime juice or rice vinegar with sugar in a bowl to make the sauce both sweet and sour.
- Next, pour the fish sauce into the mixture until the mixture is tad salty
- In a large bowl, you mix stir fried beef slices with onion wedges, bell chilli strips and the sweet and sour fish sauce.
- Taste for spices if necessary
- Wash herbs and finely chop them
- Put all kinds of herbs into the large bowl and stir well
- Transfer the Vietnamese beef salad with bell chilli into a plate
- Sprinkle the fried peanuts on the top before serving
If you follow the above mentioned recipe to make Vietnamese beef salad with bell chilli, you will have a wonderful salad to change the daily meals that you seem to feel fed up with. When going to buy bell chilli, you should choose the bell chilli grown in Dalat to make the salad more tasty. If you cannot find, it will be fine to buy other bell chilli. The Vietnamese beef salad recipe with bell chilli will become a great dish for your family to enjoy. Hopefully, you will try making this salad and succeed with it!