Recipe for cooking Red Tilapia with tomato sauce
Red Tilapia is the fish that has the natural sweet taste so it is very suitable for you to cook the steamed dishes for your family’s daily meal. Temporarily skip the steamed or braised fish, we will guide you how to make crispy fish with tomato sauce. We choose Red tilapia to cook this tasty dish.
Ingredients for Red Tilapia with tomato sauce
- 1 Red Tilapia: 800 grams
- 2 tomatoes
- Pineapple: 300 grams
- Spring onion, cilantro: 100 grams
- 3 chilli
- 1 lime
- Spices: Salt, seasoning powder, fish sauce, galic, shallot, sugar, black pepper, chilli powder, fresh ginger.
- Red Tilapia: Rinse well and then, remove fins, grills and scales. Next, you should wash in the water of salt and ginger to deodorize the fishy smell and give the fish a firmer texture. Afterthat, use a knife to cut some short crosses on the fish to steam the fish faster.
- Tomato and pineapple: Wash and mince
- Chilli: 1 chilli is used to cut into the shape of flower as decoration and mince 2 left chilli
- Mince shallot and garlic
- Spring onion and cilantro: Wash and remove stems. Next, separate the white part and green one of the spring onion. Finely chop the green part of spring onion and cilantro. Cut the white part of the spring onion lengthwise in 3cm.
- Lime: Squeeze for juice
How to make crispy fish (Red Tilapia) with tomato sauce
- Pour the cooking oil into the pan on the gas stove and heat the oil. When the oil is extremely hot, put the fish into the pan to fry. You should deep fry the fish so that the fish can be well-done evenly. To avoid sticking to the pan, you should fry the pan with salt. Next, remove the fried salt out of the pan and pour the oil.
- Until the fish is well-done, pick it to the plate
- Make the tomato sauce:
+ Stir fry minced shallot and garlic in the oil pan and then, add the chilli powder to create the red color.
+ Add the mixture of minced tomato and pineapple. Taste for 1 teaspoon of seasoning powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of black pepper and stir well. Turn the heat to low for 5 minutes to make the sauce gelatinous.
- Ladle a part of tomato sauce over the bottom of the plate. Place the fried crispy fish on the plate. Next, pour the left tomato sauce over the top. Sprinkle finely chopped cilantro and spring onion, a little black pepper and flower-shaped chilli to make the dish more attractive.
- Make the dipping sauce: Mix 1 teaspoon of sugar, ½ teaspoon of minced garlic, 2 minced chilli and stir well. Until the sugar dissolves, add ½ teaspoon of lime juice to make sweet and sour fish sauce.
This dish will be more flavorful and delicious if you eat with hot steamed rice. Hope that you will succeed in cooking crispy fish (Red Tilapia) with tomato sauce.