How a sweet and sour Vietnamese salad with beef!
Hi every one ! Today,I will introduce to you sweet and sour Vietnamese salad with beef. It is accompanied with herbs, lemongrass. Let’s pay attention and follow the ingredients and recipe below.
Ingredients for Vietnamese salad recipe with beef
- Soft beef: 300 grams
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 onion
- Shallot and garlic
- 1 lemongrass
- Spices: salt, sugar, fish sauce, chilli, lime and rice vinegar
- Sweet and sour pickles, herbs, peanuts and sesame
How to make Vietnamese salad with beef
- You should choose the fresh beef, less grain. You can choose the beef short loin. Wash the beef and slice it
- Pour water in the large sauce and bring it to a boil. When boiling, submerge the beef and transfer to the bowl. Squeeze the lime into the bowl to make the beef medium.
- Wash carrot and cut into the thin and long matchsticks.
- Wash cucumber, peel it and cut into the thin and matchsticks like the picture below. Mix the cucumber matchsticks in the bowl with add ½ spoon of salt. Set it aside for 5 minutes and then, use hand to squeeze it to remove the excess water.
- Peel the onion and cut into halve. Next slice two halves and soak in the cold iced water to make it less pungent.
- Remove the outside layers of the lemongrass and then, slice it.
- Wash the herbs and finely chop them
- Stir fry the sesame in the pan without cooking oil. Next, put it in the mortar and use the pestle to bray it.
- Fry the peanuts without cooking oil
- Peel garlic and then, mince the garlic and chilli. Next, mix with 3 teaspoons of sugar in the bowl. Pour 2 spoons of fish sauce and some drops of lime juice.
- The mixture of fish sauce will be gelatinous, sour and salty.
- Put the beef into the clean large bow. Add cucumber and carrot matchsticks, onion, sweet and sour pickles. Pour the mixture of fish sauce into the bowl.
- Use chopsticks to stir well or wear nylon gloves before stirring the mixture by hand
- Put the lemongrass slices in the bowl. Adjust the spices if needed. Sprinkle peanuts and sesames on the top.
- When serving is ready, ladle the mixture on the plate and sprinkle the finely chopped herbs and stir fried garlic on the top.
- This salad can be accompanied with hot steamed rice or deep-fried shrimp chips
The taste of Vietnamese salad with beef is very typical because it has the little spicy taste of lemongrass and chilli, the sour taste of lime. When eating with peanuts and herbs, definitely, your family will love the salad very much. Write Vietnamese salads down and make this salad for your family in your leisure time.